Question:
Connect 1 usb device with two computers without going over a network?
Junior1544
2006-02-25 10:40:09 UTC
I have a CF card reader I want to be able to use on two different computers, I want to be able to do this without both computers having to be turned on reguardless of the computer I am using at the moment... Any idea's?
Two answers:
Hums2oldies
2006-02-25 13:05:02 UTC
Connect both computers and the device to a USB hub. Should work as long as both computers don't try to access the device at the same time.
?
2016-10-15 08:05:52 UTC
bypass for the E4200 (edition 2.0) or the more moderen EA4500. I had a 3000 before utilising a 4200; even as they're in actuality an similar, the E4200 is a lot swifter on both bands than the E3000. you may want to do what you're envisioning to do with prompt connectivity for your Router with out 'internet hookup, yet bear in mind you nonetheless choose 'internet get entry to and a fashion to get carry of/flash the Router with the present firmware variations. once you position in community Magic (Linksys CD that includes your Router) you should use its community Map function to work out merely how each and everything connects visually. so some distance as Ethernet vs. USB, USB 2.0 is 480mbps, the position Ethernet is only 100mbps. with regards to HDTV hookup, so long because it helps networking (both USB prompt adapter or Ethernet direct connection or Bridge), then sure, you are able to connect it for your LAN. regardless of the undeniable fact that, searching on the specifications for your particular television, there would not look any USB or Ethernet ports.